Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Essential Oil Room Air Freshener Spray Recipe Make your own essential oil air freshening sprays with this fun and easy recipe! You can bottle this and give it as gifts, or just enjoy using it in your own house every day!
- 1 cup distilled water
- 8 -10 drops essential oils, of your choice
Deodorizing Room Spray
- 6 drops bergamot essential oils
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oils
Pet Deodorizing Room Spray
- 6 drops cedarwood essential oils
- 3 drops tea tree oil
Apple Pie Spice Room Air Freshner
- 6 drops cinnamon essential oils
- 3 drops clove essential oils
Orange Spice Room Air Freshner
- 5 drops orange essential oils
- 2 drops cinnamon essential oils
Mood Lifter Air Freshner Spray
- 4 drops chamomile essential oils
- 3 drops orange essential oils
- 2 drops ylang ylang essential oils
Stress Reliever Air Freshner Spray
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 3 drops rose essential oils
- 2 drops clary sage essential oils (optional)
Sleepy-Hour Relaxation Air Freshner Spray
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 3 drops chamomile essential oils
- Basic: Pour the cup of distilled water into the spray bottle.
- Add the drops of essential oils and shake very well.
- Cap the bottle, and allow to sit for a few hours before using.
- Shake the bottle before each use to evenly distribute the scented oil throughout the water.
- Use the label to describe what sort of air freshener each bottle is.
- And be sure to use the fine mist setting on your bottle, so the spray will be distributed nicely in the air.
- Here are some interesting ideas for wonderful air freshener sprays, but you can go ahead and create your own favorite blends using scents that you love the most!
- To use the following recipe, just add the recommended amounts of essential oil to the spray bottle with the distilled water, and follow the instructions as above.
- Please note that essential oils can vary in potency- for this reason, you can add or reduce the amounts of essential oil recommended in each recipe, if you find that the essential oil you've bought is either stronger or weaker than expected.
- Deodorizing Room Spray: Add to the distilled water in the spray bottle, shake well and spray as a fine mist.
- Pet Deodorizing Room Spray: Add to the distilled water in the spray bottle, shake well and spray as a fine mist.
- (If you have pets like I do, this spray is great for around the litter box, or just for freshening up the entire house!) Apple Pie Spice Room Air Freshner: Add to distilled water in the spray bottle, shake well and spray as a fine mist.
- I love this one sprayed in the kitchen!
- Orange Spice Room Air Freshner: Add to distilled water in the spray bottle, shake well and spray as a fine mist.
- Lovely spicy orange scent!
- Now, here are three blends made to change your mood for the better!
- It's been proven that with the effects of aromatherapy, just the way things smell can altar your mood.
- Mood Lifter Air Freshner Spray: Follow directions as with other recipes above.
- This recipe will make you feel more light hearted, and less depressed.
- Stress Reliever Air Freshner Spray: Follow directions as with other recipes above.
- This air freshener will help relieve stress, and it smells really wonderful!
- Sleepy-Hour Relaxation Air Freshner Spray: Both of these essential oils have wonderful, sedative effects.
- Spray a little in your bedroom a half hour before going to bed, to enjoy the soothing effects of these natural sedatives.
- Or spray a little on your pillow or bedclothes to enjoy a whole night of wonderful, restorative sleep.
I have been making something very similar for about a year now. I add a small bit of rubbing alcohol to the mix (2 tsp or so) it helps the oils to stay mixed in and helps the water to evaporate and just the scents are left! I can't wait to try the blends you suggest! Thanks!
Great recipes! I found that I had to use a bit of pure grain alcohol (around an ounce) first then add the essential oils, shake very well, then add the distilled water and shake again in order for the mix to stay blended. It really helped to emulsify the recipes. Just what I had to do, not for everyone!<br/>Thanks so much, I know these are going to be a huge hit as holiday gifts.<br/>Blessings,<br/>Kimmy
These are great! I just made a freshener with orange essential oil, vanilla and water. I labeled it ~~ Fix the Stink ~~