Recipe by roxygibbs
I was searching for a recipe where I could use a bunch of the habaneros from my garden. This sauce sounded yummy and easy to make. I haven't tried it yet...I hope to post more information soon!
Top Review by Hey Jude
Delicious and very HOT! But, I love how you don't just taste heat in this sauce, you also get sweetness from the carrot and tang from the lime juice...several different flavors going on at the same time. I made as written using habaneros from the bumper crop in my garden. Also, I used bottled key lime juice, which gave it a really nice tanginess. I love this sauce! Thanks Roxy for posting this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped habanero pepper, about 12 chiles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the habaneros, in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes or until the carrots are soft. (Adjust the heat by adding fewer habaneros – not by increasing the carrots, as this can alter the flavor.)
- Place ALL the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Strain for a smoother sauce.
- Pour in sterilized jars and refrigerate.