Recipe by Debber
Our raspberry patch and our bees get the credit for this one! Perfect on your English muffins, scones, toast and to use as a glaze for chicken, pork or ham. Vary the spices and you'll have a whole different "essence." Let me know your favorites, please...we're doing a market survey and will be selling this to our poultry customers this summer. Thanks!
Top Review by **Mandy**
What a great idea for those half eaten jars of jam at the back of the fridge. I used plum & raspberry jam with the cinnamon. I nuked my honey for about 15 secs to make it easier to mix, can't wait to have this on my toast in the morning. A great gift idea too!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey, jam and cinnamon (don't stir too vigorously or you'll incorporate air into the mixture and you DO NOT want to do that).
- Store in pretty jars (give as gifts); keep in a cool, dark place.
- Try substituting any of these different spices to come up with a different seasonal "essence" such as.
- SPRING ESSENCE: lavendar buds (organic, you don't want to eat any sprays!).
- SUMMER ESSENCE: coriander, chive buds.
- AUTUMN ESSENCE: allspice, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon.
- WINTER ESSENCE: cinnamon, nutmeg.
- ***On the FLIP side: How about a completely different berry or jam? Like blueberry, boysenberry, orange marmalade, etc.***.
- Feedback on this will help us decide what to pitch to our customers. Thanks bunches!