1/1 Photo of Essence of Summer * Raspberry-Honey
Our raspberry patch and our bees get the credit for this one! Perfect on your English muffins, scones, toast and to use as a glaze for chicken, pork or ham. Vary the spices and you'll have a whole different "essence." Let me know your favorites, please...we're doing a market survey and will be selling this to our poultry customers this summer. Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine honey, jam and cinnamon (don't stir too vigorously or you'll incorporate air into the mixture and you DO NOT want to do that).
- 2Store in pretty jars (give as gifts); keep in a cool, dark place.
- 3Try substituting any of these different spices to come up with a different seasonal "essence" such as.
- 4SPRING ESSENCE: lavendar buds (organic, you don't want to eat any sprays!).
- 5SUMMER ESSENCE: coriander, chive buds.
- 6AUTUMN ESSENCE: allspice, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon.
- 7WINTER ESSENCE: cinnamon, nutmeg.
- 8***On the FLIP side: How about a completely different berry or jam? Like blueberry, boysenberry, orange marmalade, etc.***.
- 9Feedback on this will help us decide what to pitch to our customers. Thanks bunches!
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Essence of Summer * Raspberry-Honey
Serving Size: 1 (1584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 202.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 180.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g