1 hr 30 mins
The Pastry Queen, Rebecca Rather
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk (can use lowfat)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1Muffins-preheat the oven to 350°; grease 8 Texas-size (3 1/2 inches in diameter and 2 inches deep) muffin cups with butter or cooking spray or line them with muffin wrappers.
- 2Whisk together the milk, orange juice, sour cream, eggs, and butter in a bowl.
- 3Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- 4Pour the milk mixture into the dry mixture and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
- 5Gently fold in the orange zest.
- 6Spoon batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup just to the top.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes, until they are golden brown around the edges and a pick comes out clean.
- 8Cool the muffins in the pans for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack and glaze.
- 9Glaze-combine the orange juice, powdered sugar, and zest in a medium bowl; spread the mixture on top of each muffin; serve warm or at room temperature.
- 10**Best eaten warm and fresh; can add 1cup fresh seasonal fruit such as raspberries or blueberries or dried cranberries/cherries.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Essence of Orange Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.9
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 398.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 49.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of