1/1 Photo of Espuma De Chocolate (Milk Chocolate Gelatin)
3 hrs 30 mins
Carol in Cabo's Note:
I stole this recipe from a publication called Gelatinas, put out by a company who sell gelatin in Mexico. Since I'm a total chocoholic I had to try it. It came out quite nicely, if you love milk chocolate. I'm going to fiddle with it to make it more like dark chocolate, but in the meantime need to post this to be the base for future experimentation. The molds were OK, but next time I would pour it into pretty glasses, top it with more cocoa powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 g sugar or 30 g Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 g unflavored gelatin
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 g semisweet chocolate
- water, to moisten the gelatin
- 1/2 liter water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or 3 tablespoons Mexican crema
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 10 g cocoa powder, plus more (to garnish)
- 170 ml sour cream or 170 ml Mexican crema
- 1Add enough water to the gelatin in a small bowl, stir until gelatin is spongey.
- 2heat the rest of the water until just starting to boil.
- 3Add the yolks and sugar and beat with wire whisk until doubled in volume, take off the heat and add the gelatin. Once the gelatin is mixed in do not move or stir. Let it cool to room temperature.
- 4Melt the chocolate with the 3 tbsp of crema, mix well and let cool to room temperature.
- 5Mix the rest of the crema and whipping cream with a wire whisk and beat until whipped cream-ish.
- 6Integrate the first mixture with the chocolate and whipped cream, beat together and pour into decorative glasses.
- 7Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Top with a dusting of cocoa powder and a mint leave, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espuma De Chocolate (Milk Chocolate Gelatin)
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 39.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g