Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was printed on a Challenge butter package. Being a coffee lover I had to try it. I have never found a candy recipe that yields a tastier treat.
- 1 cup challenge butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup double strength espresso coffee
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare 9" x 13" pan by lining with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in heavy 2 to 3 quart saucepan.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup and espresso.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture come to a boil.
- Clip on candy thermometer and continue to stir occasionally until temperature reaches 300°F (hard crack stage).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, wait 2 minutes; spread chocolate evenly over candy.
- (If uniform piece size desire, score candy into 1-inch square pieces with table knife.) Sprinkle nuts over chocolate, shaking dish from side to side to coat.
- Gently press nuts into chocolate.
- Let candy stand at room temperature to cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.