Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light magazine. We have tried so milk in the past and not been happy with the flavor. I will be making this for us soon and doubling the recipe.
Top Review by Mirj
Wow, good stuff! I used homemade soy ice cream (all my homemade ice creams are made from soy and are not dairy). This is so easy to put ogether and delicious! I added a dash of my homemade vanilla as well, which is a bit boozy. I was the only one willing to drink it this morning, so I put the other serving in the freezer. Later today I'll take it out and slush it up. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons fat free chocolate syrup
- 2 1⁄8 teaspoons instant espresso powder or 2 1⁄8 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla soy ice cream (such as Soy Dreams)
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine syrup and 1/8 teaspoon coffee granules, stir well.
- Using a spoon, drizzle half the syrup mixture inside the rim of 2 narrow small glasses.
- In a blender combine the ice cream, milk, and remaining 2 teaspoons of coffee granules and process until smooth. Pour ice cream mixture into each glass, approximately 1 cup per glass. Serve immediately.