Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Confident Cooking.
Make and share this Espresso, Rum and Walnut Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso powder (regular instant can be used)
- 2 cups cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts, chopped roughly,toasted
- Place water, sugar and coffee powder in pan; stir over low heat without boiling until sugar and coffee are both dissolved; remove from heat and cool.
- Combine cooled mixture, cream, milk, rum and vanilla extract; mix well; pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions; when ice cream is starting to thicken, add walnuts and continue churning until done.
This was so good I had to make another batch right away! The flavor is wonderful. I love the coffee - rum - walnut combination. The comparatively large amount of water in this ice cream gives it a "lighter", less "dense" consistency, that is super-cooling. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.