Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- Bring cream to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, stir in espresso powder and confectioner's sugar.
- Transfer to bowl and cool slightly.
- Whisk in mascarpone.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Awesome. Used this as the filling for your Chocolate Roulade. Used Medaglio d'Oro brand coffee expresso.
Creamy and dreamy! Very smooth and nicely sweet filling.
Fabulous! Awesome flavour, great texture and mouth-feel (if that's really a word), simple to assemble. I tried it with the budinis, but found ice cream more suited to those. However, I put the leftover cream to good use as the filling in a chocolate layer cake. I used Ferrara instant espresso. This one has gone into my permanent file of "keepers"; thanks for recommending it when I asked for mascarpone recipes.