Recipe by BM17
I found this recipe in the Aug 1997 issue of First for Women. It uses Graham Crackers as the layers and tastes remarkably like cake once its done.
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- graham cracker
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size saucepan, simmer 3/4 cup of the heavy whipping cream. Once it's at a simmer, remove from heat and stir in the semi sweet chocolate until well melted and set aside.
- Mix remaining heavy whipping cream, plus the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and instant espresso powder until soft peaks form.
- Line an 8X8 square pan with aluminum foil. Place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan and add a layer of the espresso filling on top of the graham crackers. Repeat the process up to 5 times, ending with graham crackers on the top.
- Invert pan onto a large plate/platter and remove the foil. Spread the chocolate mixture over the cake and on the sides. Refrigerate up to 6 hours or overnight. Top with berries or chocolate shavings for decoration.