Recipe by Sarah in New York
This is the best marinade I have ever used on a steak. It can be used for any meat, but we use it on steak. It may sound weird, but you can't really taste the coffee after it's cooked. It just leaves the meat TENDER, TENDER, TENDER & JUICY, JUICY, JUICY!!! It will make even the cheapest cut of meat taste like prime rib!
- 2 cups espresso or 2 cups strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make espresso or coffee and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Wash meat off and poke holes in it. (If desired).
- Pour marinade in freezer bag and add meat.
- Let as much air out as you can and seal the bag.
- Massage the marinade into the meat.
- Chill for about 2 hours or so.
- Put directly on grill or skillet.
- P.S. this marinade makes about 3 cups.