Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best marinade I have ever used on a steak. It can be used for any meat, but we use it on steak. It may sound weird, but you can't really taste the coffee after it's cooked. It just leaves the meat TENDER, TENDER, TENDER & JUICY, JUICY, JUICY!!! It will make even the cheapest cut of meat taste like prime rib!
- 2 cups espresso or 2 cups strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Make espresso or coffee and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Wash meat off and poke holes in it. (If desired).
- Pour marinade in freezer bag and add meat.
- Let as much air out as you can and seal the bag.
- Massage the marinade into the meat.
- Chill for about 2 hours or so.
- Put directly on grill or skillet.
- P.S. this marinade makes about 3 cups.
This truly lives up to the name. It does have a jolt. I felt that 3 tablespoons of salt was a little to much and cut it down to 1 tablespoon. Made for Zingo during *ZWT 5*
Different but tasty! As with other review, I did not detect red pepper and would probably add more next time. I did taste the coffee a bit which was acceptable since we all like coffee in this house. Prepared for Zingo ZWT5 Team Jammin Java Jivers.
I did the recipe for 1 serving (for my steak). Another time I would increase the red pepper flakes. I couldn't detect the heat. I didn't use salt. This marinade has a great taste. Thanks Sarah. Made for the Babes of ZWT4