Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Cooking Light. I love it but if you do not like Sambuca (licorice flavor liqueur) then just omit it. Did not include the time it takes to freeze. Enjoy!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups light vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sambuca romana
- Combine water, sugar, and espresso in an 8 inch baking dish, stirring until sugar and espresso dissolve.
- Cover and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Stir espresso mixture with a fork. Continue to freeze mixture, stirring every 45 minutes, until completely frozen (about 4 hours).
- Combine ice cream, whipped topping and liqueur.
- Remove espresso mixture from freezer, "fluff" with fork.
- Serve in a glass and top with whipped topping mixture.