Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Ice cream cookies even big kids will love. This rich tasting coffee treat will make those who don't like coffee change their minds. This is from Guideposts.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- 16 thin reduced-fat chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla ice cream or 1 cup frozen yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear off eight 8x12 sheets of foil.
- In a cup, stir together coffee and water till dissolved.
- To assemble: put one cookie on center of each sheet of foil; top each cookie with 2 tbsp ice cream.
- Working quickly; use a fork to slightly flatten ice cream.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp coffee mixture over each serving.
- Lightly press remaining cookies on ice cream, allowing coffee to drip slightly.
- Fold long sides of foil so they overlap at center; twist ends so packet resembles a piece of wrapped candy.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour to 1 week before serving.
- Time noted is freeze time.