My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour 2 baking sheets, knocking out excess flour.
- 2In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachemt (or you can use a hand-held mixer like I do), beat together the flour, brown sugar, espresso powder, zest, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until a dough forms. Stir in hazelnuts.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, knead dough several times. Halve dough with floured hands and form each half into a flattish log, 13" long by 1" wide. Put both logs at least 4" apart on one baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- 4Bake logs in the center of the oven for 30 minutes. Cool on baking sheet set over a rack for 10 minutes.
- 5Transfer logs, one at a time, to a cutting board. Use a serrated knife to slice the logs on a crosswise diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- 6Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on 2 baking sheets.
- 7Bake biscotti in upper and lower thirds of oven for 8 minutes. Remove sheets from oven and turn biscotti over with a spatula. Return biscotti to oven, switching positions of sheets, and bake 8 minutes more, or until biscotti are slightly darker. Transfer biscotti to racks and cool.
- 8Biscotti keep 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espresso-Hazelnut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (894 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g