Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". The cookbook is from Vicksburg, MS. Excellent beverage for social gatherings.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 cups espresso
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped with
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- mint leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil the syrup for several minutes.
- Pour the espresso into the syrup, dissolve cocoa into the syrup mixture, and remove from heat.
- Let cool completely.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and freeze until solid.
- Transfer to a blender and process for a few seconds until slushy.
- Spoon into parfait glasses--a layer of granita, then a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and garnish with mint leaves.