Recipe by CookbookCarrie
Yummy, on cake or my Double Espresso Brownies. I think I got this from Hershey, but I cant remember, have had it on a recipe card forever.
- 1⁄4 cup hershey cocoa (NOT hot chocolate mix)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup soured milk or 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso or 1 teaspoon finely ground instant coffee (you can even use decaf if you like)
- 1 teaspoon high quality vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter, milk and cocoa in a 3 qut saucepan over medium heat, stir frequently DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, espresso and vanilla with the wire whisk until smooth and spreadable.
- You may need more or less powdered sugar, add a bit at a time and see when it gets to the consistency you like.