Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Like Coffee? You will Love This!
Make and share this Espresso Crepes With Coffee Ice Cream and Dark Chocolate Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, espresso powder and salt.
- In a blender combine the milk, water, melted butter, and eggs.
- Pulse a few times to lightly blend.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cover and chill-up to 1 hour.
- Heat a non stick crepe pan or skillet over medium heat. (if using a skillet use a touch of butter to prevent sticking).
- Pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter into the pan.
- Quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan with a thin coat.
- cook for 30 to 35 seconds.
- Carefully lift crepe with a spatula and turn.
- Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Place cooked crepe on a towel.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Makes 12 crepes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine half-and-half and honey.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- Fold each crepe in half, fold in half again.
- Place each crepe on a plate.
- Top each with 1/2 cup of ice cream-drizzle on 4 teaspoons of chocolate sauce on each.
- Top with chocolate curls and dust with espresso powder.
I found this recipe in the Ontario Liquior Board cookbook. Since both the crepes and choclate sauce can be made ahead, this is the simplest of desserts. If you make the sauce ahead, warm it just before serving. I served this with ice cream and my Fresh Strawberry Marmalade (223183). The recipe can be cut in half quite successfully. It is fast and easy to make up.... looks quite elegant to serve and my guests though I worked for hours on this. I would recommend this one!!!