Recipe by Slocan cook
In my search for something different in muffins I came up with this new idea for a breakfast or snack time muffin that is sure to get you going in the morning.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ginger snaps
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with melted butter.
- Assemble dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Whisk the milk, oil and eggs together in a large mixing bowl.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in one teaspoon of hot water then add to the egg mixture and combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until glossy and smooth.
- Stir in the crushed ginger cookies and stir until all the crumbs are incorporated into the batter.
- Pour batter from a measuring cup into greased muffin containers and bake for 20 minutes or until tops are nicely browned.