Recipe by BachFromTheDead
This is a fabulous adaption to a torte,it uses coffee and has the greatest density and texture(much flourless chocolate cake, although not flourless).
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour (scant 1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup strong coffee
- powdered sugar
- cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously butter a cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Make the ganache by putting all of the chocolate into a small saucepan on medium-heat. Stir in whipped cream and 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Stir until fully incorporated, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add coffee to ganache. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl whip the eggs, sugar, and flour until nearly doubled in size, about 6 minutes.
- Add the ganache to the eggs, whipping at a medium speed. Pour the ganache into the prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until the top and edges are set and the toothpick can come out clean.
- Refridgerate for at least 3 hours until properly chilled. Sift the cocoa.