Recipe by TaterBug! :)
This is a very easy to make but very, very rich and delicious dessert. I adapted this from Giada DeLaurentis. You must try it!
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- For the mousse:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir milk and sugar together and add the espresso powder, cook until the milk is hot but not boiling. Place the chocolate chips in blender.
- Pour the hot milk over the chips. Run the blender on high until well combined, a few seconds. Add the egg whites and run the blender on high until light, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the mousse to 4 small serving cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm or about 3 hours.
- For the cream:.
- Hold off on making the cream until the mousse is set so that you can add it on at the last minute before serving. Or store it in the fridge.
- Mix the cream, marscarpone,vanilla and powdered sugar and whip together with a mixer until light and fluffy.