Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Food Network Canada, Christine Cushing
Make and share this Espresso Chocolate Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put cream, milk, sugar, vanilla bean, chocolate and espresso powder in a saucepan. Scald milk mixture. In a stainless steel bowl stir the egg yolks. Continue to stir egg yolks as you slowly pour the hot cream mixture over the yolks. Strain custard into a heat proof container with a pouring spout. Place four 3/4-cup ramekins in a shallow baking pan. Evenly pour the custard into the ramekins. Place the pan in the oven then pour boiling water into the baking pan so the water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cook about 30 to 35 minutes until only the custard centres jiggle slightly when the pan is moved. Remove the pan from the oven. Remove the ramekins from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Once the custards reach room temperature chill them in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle each custard top with a teaspoon of brown sugar. Caramelize the sugar with a crème brûlée torch or under the broiler.
Delicious! I used the heavy cream , and for the milk used skim. I didn't have vanilla beans so used 1 tsp. vanilla. Thank you for yummy dessert!