Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a piece of heaven. Got it from one of Martha Stewart's episode that showcased the 10 BEST COOKIES. I think if I'm not mistaken, this recipe was on top of the list. Well at least it's on top of mine as my husband would only eat this cookie. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons espresso granules, instant
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, stir espresso, vanilla and 1 tablespoon hot water. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy (5 minutes).
- Add egg and egg yolk until bended.
- Pour in the espresso mixture and mix well on low speed.
- Add flour in small batches just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use 2 oz. ice cream scooper, space them 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until set.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
- To die for!
Excellent cookie. When reading the instructions and it said to mix sugars and only one sugar was listed, I googled the recipe. There should be 1/2 cup white sugar listed in addition to the brown sugar. The recipe also stated to line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mine baked in 18 minutes and I used regular instant coffee and put equal amounts of semi-sweet chocolate chips and white vanilla chips. Very good cookie. Made for Fall PAC 08. Thanks Shygirl.
oh my Goooooodness! these cookies are so comforting. =D
Yummy! I "intensified" the chocolate by using 1/2 KA Black Cocoa and 1/2 Hershey's dark. Also used KA Bittersweet chips. Baked for 19 min., but 17-18 may have been enough. They are "reeeely" good ! Thanks for posting. shygirl.