Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like coffee and chocolate..this is the morning muffin for you
- 2 cups flour, unbleached, all purpose
- 1⁄4 cup espresso powder, instant
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Lightly butter or coat with spray or line with paper liners.12 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, espresso coffee powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl; stir to blend.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk milk, brown sugar, melted butter,eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry; fold just until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over top of each muffin.
- Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean -- 20-22 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan.