Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I searched high and low and finally found this recipe for espresso brownies that are very similar to the ones no longer sold at Starbucks. I was thrilled to have stumbled upon it and have to share since so many people on line were searching for it with no avail! Enjoy!
For the brownies
- 1 (8 ounce) package baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups real butter
- 3⁄4 cup starbucks espresso beans (ask them to grind for espresso)
- 3 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
For the ganache topping
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or rest of bag remaining from 2T above)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt butter and stir in 2 T chocolate chips stirring until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and espresso. Use a hand mixer on medium speed and add butter/chocolate mixture from #2 above. Now add salt, eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed and add flour. Blend to incorporate and then stir in the chopped 8oz of bakers chocolate.
- Spread batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake for 55 to 70 minutes. Check often.
- Remove and cool.
- Microwave whipping cream until almost boiling.
- Pour hot cream over 2 cups of chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Add 1T butter which makes the ganache shine.
- Spread ganache over brownies and put in fridge to cool.
- Serve chilled for best cutting and taste.
I haven't made this yet but I can't wait to make it!! I love Starbucks Espresso Brownies and randomly crave them!! If this is as good as I hope it is,my mom and I will be tickled PINK!!! I'll post a comment after I make them and let y'all know how yummy they are!!