1/3 Photos of Espresso Brownies Supreme
Because this fudgy brownie isn't cloyingly sweet, you'll notice the intense coffee and chocolate flavors. These travel well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml butter, cut into pieces
- 170.09 g unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4 eggs
- 591.47 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml instant espresso powder
- 59.14 ml coffee-flavored liqueur
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional)
- 1Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside. Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, espresso powder, coffee liqueur, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- 3Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until top appears set and dry. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Pour Chocolate Glaze evenly over brownies. Cover and chill about 2 hours until glaze is set.
- 4Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Use foil to lift brownies out of pan. Cut into bars. If desired, garnish with chocolate-covered coffee beans. Makes 48 brownies.
- 5To Tote: Cover and transport in baking pan. (Or cut into bars and place in a single layer in a shallow container.)
- 6Chocolate Glaze: In a medium saucepan combine 6 ounces coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate, 1/4 cup butter, and 2 tablespoons milk. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 7For 24 Brownies: Prepare 1/2 the amount using method above, except spread batter in a greased and foil-lined 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espresso Brownies Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 74.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g