Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
In 'Brownie Bliss' by Linda Collister
Make and share this Espresso Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons freshly brewed espresso coffee, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus a little extra for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease and line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper (leave an overhang so you can easily remove brownies to cooling rack).
- Break up the bittersweet chocolate and put it in a heatproof bowl ; set the bowl over a pan of steaming water and melt gently, stirring frequently.
- Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside until needed.
- Put the soft butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric mixer unitl light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, followed by the coffee.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into the bowl and stir inches.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix inches.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan; spread evenly, and level the surface.
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes until a pick comes out just clean; remove the pan from the oven.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before lightly dusting with cocoa powder, removing and cutting into 20 pieces.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with cream for pouring, if liked.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container and eat within 5 days.