Recipe by JedenC
Fudgy brownies that aren't cloyingly sweet with strong chocolate and coffee flavors. Recipe may be halved but be sure to use a 8x8x2-inch pan rather than a 13x9x2-inch for the full recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I love chocolate, I neither drink nor (usually) use coffee or anything like it in a recipe! However, these were made to go to work with my other half, since the co-workers all enjoy coffee ~ THEY ALL LOVED YOUR BROWNIES, & copies of your recipe were sent to work the next day! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant espresso powder
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil; grease foil. Melt butter and chocolate in small saucepan over low heat stirring constantly. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, espresso powder, coffee liquer, and vanilla with electric mixer until well combined. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until top appears set and dry. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cool in pan on a wire rack.