1/2 Photos of Espresso Brownies
1 hr 15 mins
I love these, they are rich and tasty. You can use coffee granules if you cant find instant espresso granules. YUM!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon espresso granules, instant or 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon water, boiling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease an 8x8-inch pan.
- 3In medium bowl combine, flour and baking soda. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer on medium.
- 5Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
- 6Melt baking chocolate in a double boiler.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve espresso or coffee granules in the boiling water.
- 8Add the coffee, and the chocolate to the sugar and butter mixture and beat at medium until smooth.
- 9Add the eggs and extracts and beat until smooth.
- 10Add flour mixture and the chocolate chips and blend at low speed just until combined. Don't overmix.
- 11Pour batter into greased baking pan.
- 12Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 13Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- 14Invert on rack.
- 15To make the Glaze:.
- 16Melt together the chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- 17Spread the glaze over the brownies.
- 18Sprinkle with almonds.
- 19Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espresso Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1104.6
- Calories from Fat 630
- Total Fat 70.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.9 mg
- Sodium 482.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 68.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: