Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from but it has become a favorite! Prep time is approximate. Recipe requires chilling time after baking so plan ahead.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (instant coffee can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- chocolate-covered coffee beans, for garnish (optional)
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with heavy foil; grease the foil.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat; cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar, espresso powder, Kahlua, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes (top should be set and dry).
- Pour Chocolate Glaze over brownies.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before lifting brownies from pan using foil.
- Cut into bars.
- Garnish with chocolate coffee beans if desired.
- Chocolate Glaze:.
- In a small saucepan, combine semisweet chocolate, butter, and milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
Oh my, this is good. It really does suit my taste, because I love the espresso flavor, just a little bit gooey, but that is okay with me!!!!