1/1 Photo of Espresso Brownie Cake With Kahlua Icing
This cake is dangerous, you'll be tempted to eat the whole cake yourself! If you don't have a pan with a removable rim, use an 8 or 9-inch square or round baking pan and use a spatula to remove the slices. Instant coffee granules can be substituted for the espresso powder
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 85.04 g unsweetened chocolate (use a good-quality chocolate for this)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml instant espresso powder (or use instant coffee granules)
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Lightly butter an 8 or 9-inch cake pan with a removeable bottom.
- 3For the brownie cake; in a saucepan combine 1/2 cup butter with unsweetened chocolate; stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 4Remove from heat and beat in sugar, 3 tablespoons espresso powder, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- 5Stir in the flour just until incorporated using a wooden spoon.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- 7Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the center springs back when gently pressed.
- 8Let cool completely in the pan for 1 hour.
- 9For the icing; in a bowl combine 1/4 cup softened butter and 1 tablespoon espresso powder with 2 tablespoons liqueur with the powdered sugar; using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat mixture until smooth and fluffy (adding in 1 tablespoon more of liqueur if necessary to make a smooth spreadable mixture).
- 10Spread evenly over the top of the cooled cake.
- 11Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, then drizzle on top of the icing.
- 12Chill the cake until the icing is firm (about 45 minutes).
- 13Just before serving remove the pan rim.
- 14Cut the cake into wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espresso Brownie Cake With Kahlua Icing
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.0
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 59.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g