Recipe by Bev
It may not take the place of your first cup of coffee in the morning, but this coffee-flavored bread is a great way to start the day! Think of it as a latte you can eat with your fingers - and best of all, no spills on the dash board!! From Electric Bread!
Top Review by Maki Koyama
I initially thought the amount of vanilla extract was a bit much but it turned out very nice, without vanilla flavour overpowering the aroma of coffee. Also the amount of sugar (I assumed it was 1/4 "cup") may sound a lot but it wasn't too sweet either, so that was quite nice, too. I used 1/4 "cup" of thickened cream, assuming that's what 'heavy cream' is called here in Australia and added 1/4 tsp of bread improver, all worked well. Thank you, Bev, for the recipe. Could anyone suggest nice spread to go with it?
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 1⁄4 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 1 3⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine according to you manufactor's directions.
- Success Hints: Coffee flvored yogurt may be substituted for vanilla yogurt for extra flavor.
- This dough may look slightly flat- not as round and firm as normal.
- It will bake up just fine.
- Leftover bread would make a great bread pudding.
- This recipe may be made using regular and rapid cycles.