1/1 Photo of Espresso-Bourbon Steaks With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
A favorite recipe from National Cattlemen's Beef Association - The Beef Checkoff. We don't have steaks often, but this sounds so good that I might have to run out to the market for some tenderloins. I may also make this dish for my Christmas Eve dinner. This should "wow" my family and be a nice break from my traditional meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (about 1 inch thick - 4 oz. each)
- 2 -4 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1Combine all sauce ingredients, except pepper, in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 12-15 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced by about half, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper. Keep warm.
- 2Prepare mashed potatoes by boiling potatoes in water with 1 teaspoons salt. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Combine potatoes, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. Beat until mashed and smooth.
- 3Meanwhile, press coarsely cracked pepper on both sides of steaks. Place steaks on grill over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, 13-15 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once.
- 4Evenly divide sauce onto 4 plates. Place steak on top of sauce. Serve with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and green beans (if desired).
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espresso-Bourbon Steaks With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.9
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 1830.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant espresso coffee powder