1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Posted by request. This is an adaptation of the recipe called "Espresso to Go" in the book Death by Chocolate Cookies by Marcel Desaulniers. I have not tried this yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or 3/4 cup whipping cream or 3/4 cup double cream
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 30 chocolate covered espresso bean candies, garnish
- 1In a medium-large saucepan, heat cream, espresso powder, sugar, and butter, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil.
- 3Place the chopped chocolate together in a large heat safe bowl and then pour the hot cream mixture on top; let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Stir until smooth.
- 5Line muffin tins with foil candy liners and set aside.
- 6Using two spoons, portion out 2 Tbsp of the chocolate mixture into the foil cups.
- 7Top each cup with a chocolate covered espresso bean.
- 8Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- 9Serve immediately or seal in an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espresso Bean Topped Chocolate Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant espresso coffee powder