Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Posted by request. This is an adaptation of the recipe called "Espresso to Go" in the book Death by Chocolate Cookies by Marcel Desaulniers. I have not tried this yet.
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream or 3⁄4 cup whipping cream or 3⁄4 cup double cream
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 30 chocolate covered espresso bean candies, garnish
- In a medium-large saucepan, heat cream, espresso powder, sugar, and butter, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Place the chopped chocolate together in a large heat safe bowl and then pour the hot cream mixture on top; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Line muffin tins with foil candy liners and set aside.
- Using two spoons, portion out 2 Tbsp of the chocolate mixture into the foil cups.
- Top each cup with a chocolate covered espresso bean.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or seal in an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge.