Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Ladies Home Journal. It's perfect for the holiday season and simply yummy. The flavor blend is wonderful. The 10 mins cook time is actually the time it takes to make the balls, no baking required.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried sour cherries
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 1⁄2 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup finely ground vanilla wafer cookie
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground chocolate wafer cookie
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely ground, toasted (2 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped
- . Bring cherries and juice to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt together bittersweet chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (water not touching bowl), stirring until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl from pan and let stand 10 minutes. Add honey and cherry mixture, whisking until combined well; set aside.
- Combine wafers, pecans, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add chocolate-cherry mixture and sir until combined well. Form into 1-inch balls and roll in chocolate-espresso beans.
- Can be stored at room temperature up to 2 weeks in single layers divided by waxed paper in an airtight container. Makes 24 balls.