Recipe by angie_pangie
These are hands down the best cookie I have ever eaten (and I've eaten a LOT of cookies!). How can you go wrong with three types of chocolate and coffee? These make a fudgy-brownie type cookie with amazing results. The original recipe called for finely chopped espresso beans, but I tweaked this by using instant coffee for ease and flavor. Try these, I promise you will LOVE them!
Top Review by Nancygirl
We liked the flavor of these but the texture was disappointing. They came out of the oven looking fluffy and brownie-like, but fell flat when cooled and got chewy. I may try this again.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and butter; heat and stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and cool for about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and coffee; beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 or 3 minutes or until well mixed and color becomes slightly lighter. Add cooled melted chocolate, beating until combined. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to chocolate mixture; beat until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces. At this point, the dough will look like brownie batter.
- Cover dough with wax paper and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes so that dough can thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, silicone, or foil. Scoop 3 ounces of dough per cookie (use 3 tablespoons of dough if you do not have a 3 oz scoop) in mounds 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven about 13 minutes, or until tops are set and the cracks on top do not appear moist. Do not attempt to cook these in a cold oven - they do not turn out well. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for one minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.