Recipe by cynthia.kroll
This Espinaca Dip resembles the one at Jose Peppers, but most people have told me it is much better. You can decide for yourself. This is so easy and doesn't take much time out of your day. It is great for office parties too.
Top Review by Cooks4three+me
I was excited when I found this recipe!! I did cut the recipe in half only 3 people in my house would even try it! I used "Del Monte_Petite Cut tomatoes with Zesty Jalapenos" instead of the Rotel tomatoes and did not add the jalapenos. I also used an extra-sharp cheddar cheese instead of the Velveeta. I knew I was making this dip for dinner and started in the afternoon, preparing the night before items together to soak in the fride for a couple hours. Then when I was ready to cook the dip I used my stop top to melt down the cheddar, cream cheese and milk stirring constantly. Then adding the prepared ingredients stired till everything was combinded. It came out perfect. Just like my family has enjoyed at our local mexican canitina!!
- 16 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans Rotel diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- This is best cooked in a crock pot.
- Mix all ingredients in the crock pot.
- Stir occasionally.
- For better taste and if you have time, mix the whipping cream, Rotel, jalapeno's, spinach, bouillon cubes, milk and chopped onion together in a sealed container and put in the refrigerator the night before you want to prepare it.