Recipe by Charmie777
This is Mexican Green Spaghetti. So rich and creamy with a slight kick from the poblano peppers. NOTE: You can use pasilla peppers instead of poblanos. You can use sour cream, or Greek yogurt for the crema. You can use Parmesan for the Manchego.
- 2 large poblano chiles (or pasilla)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, leaves only
- 1⁄2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican crema (see Note for substitutions)
- 4 ounces manchego cheese, shredded (or Parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn the broiler to high. Set poblano chiles on a foil covered baking sheet, and broil, flipping the chiles occasionally with a pair of tongs, until blackened on all sides.
- Transfer chiles to a plastic bag. Let steam for five to ten minutes. Peel the blackened skins off the chiles, and then remove stems and seeds.
- Chop the chiles and then place in a food processor or blender along with the cilantro, onion, and garlic. Puree mixture until smooth.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, add butter to a large saucepan set over medium heat. When buter foams, pour in the chile mixture.
- Cook, partially covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crema and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the pasta to the saucepan and toss well.
- Top with Manchego cheese.