Recipe by twissis
The lovely flavor & smooth texture of the avocado seem to be finding their way into more desserts as time goes by. Here is yet another by Yohanni Johns from "Dishes From Indonesia" that is so easy to fix & sounds divine! Enjoy! (Time does not include time for avocado mixture to chill in the freezer)
Top Review by FloridaNative
Okay ~ I was skeptical to say the least ~ I tagged this recipe especially for DH. Just made it and it's in the freezer, so 'not complete' yet, but the taste test is great ~ smooth creamy and delicious. This might be a new favorite for us ! Will post after the DH tastes it! UPDATE: Got home hoping to have a taste of the frozen version and there was NONE - ZIP - NADA left. So DH gave this the big *5* and ate it all himself. Thanks twissis ~ a definite new keeper. Made for your FOOTBALL POOL WIN, February 2010!
- 1 large avocado (peeled, pit removed & flesh mashed)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a hand-held mixer or immersion blender, add lemon juice & sugar to the mashed avocado flesh & mix well.
- Combine avocado mixture w/ice cream & beat till smooth.
- Place in a freezer to chill for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs & stir every 30 min, but do not freeze.
- To Serve: Divide mixture between 4 sml dessert bowls & serve immediately.
- NOTE: The recipe did not suggest a garnish, but to my surprise I discovered during ZWT that avocado & chocolate are just wonderful together, so I would add chocolate shavings to the top of ea dessert.