Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Refrigerated not cooked!!!
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Place butter or margarine in medium size mixing bowl. Let stand on the kitchen counter about 1/2 hour or until and easy to stir (or soften butter in a glass cup or bowl at LOW power in the microwave oven for about 1 minute).
- Add sugar. Cream (or blend) butter or margarine and sugar with wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Add water, cocoa and oatmeal. Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Pour powdered sugar into small dish. With spoon, cut off small piece of dough (about size of walnut) and shape into ball. Roll ball in powdered sugar.
- Store cookies in covered container in refrigerator.