Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Street Food, Comfort Food, Brazilian
Make and share this Esfiha recipe from Food.com.
- 1.) Dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- 2.) Add oil, sugar, and salt.
- 3.) Add flour one cup at a time.
- 4.) Cover and rest for 1 hour.
- 5.) Saute onion and garlic.
- 6.) Add beef and fry until brown.
- 7.) Add mint.
- 8.) Roll out dough and cut into circles.
- 9.) Add meat and fold into packages.
- 10.) Bake at 350 (F) for 15 to 20 min until brown.
- ***I usually use a dough press to make the esfiha's***.
- ***it really is 100 GRAMS of yeast***.
- ***You can play with the meat using beef, lamb whatever. and of course you can add spices***.
- ***We serve with wedges of fresh lime to squeeze into once you've had a bite. also great with chutney's or hot sauce***.