Alan in SW Florida's Note:
My Private Note
main co ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 Italian sausages, casings removed (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 large head escarole, chopped (about 10 cups)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, saute sausage until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 6 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl, leaving drippings in pot. Reduce heat to medium; add onion to pot and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add prosciutto and saute 1 minute. Mix in garlic and crushed red pepper. Add escarole and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook 2 minutes. Add beans, stock, and sausage and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 4Makes 12 side dishes or 6 main course servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Escarole With Italian Sausage and White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 1029.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: