Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Let's go Italian! This soup is Yummy. Clipped out of a magazine and been making it ever since. I also serve it with grated parmesan, just 'cause we like it that way.
- About 50 minutes before serving: Cut escarole into 2" pieces, discarding any tough ribs.
- Peel, seed, and dice tomatoes.
- Thinly slice carrots, chop onions.
- In 5 quart dutch oven over medium high heat, in hot oil, cook carrots and onion until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add escarole and tomatoes and cook, stirring until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, beef-flavor bouillon, pepper and 5 cups water; over high heat, heat to boiling.
- Add tortellini and cook 5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- **NOTE: I also added 2 Tbsp soy sauce which helped to enhance the flavor of the broth.