- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 heads escarole, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
- Cut off and discard the tough stems from the escarole, chop the leaves coarse, and in a large bowl toss them with the tarragon and the dressing until the salad is combined.