Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
this is a very differt take on mashed potatoes got in form a southern living book
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups of chopped escarole
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in sauce pan bring the potatoes,garlic and enough salted water to cover the potatoes to a boil cover,and simmer 20 minutes,drain return the mixture to saucepot over low heat using hand masher or ricer mash until smooth.
- in a sauce pot cook the escarole in butter for 2 minutes in seperate saucepan heat the buttermilk,fold in escarole,buttermilk,salt,and pepper in the potatoes.