Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great soup to warm the body and soul. Good with some warm, crusty Italian bread.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) canprogresso cannellini beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch escarole, cooked (steam it for 3 minutes)
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in the beans and their liquid.
- Add the broth, escarole, salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until hot.
- Top with grated cheese.