Escarole and Bean Soup - Giada De Laurentiis
- In a large heavy pot over medium temperature, heat the olive oil then add the garlic and sauté until just fragrant (about 15 seconds).
- Add the escarole to the pot, stir, and sauté it until it has wilted, about 2 minutes; add a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the broth, beans, and the piece of Parmesan, then cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste, then pour into the serving bowls.
- Drizzle each serving with a teaspoon of olive oil, and serve with slices of good, crusty Italian bread.