1/3 Photos of Escargots in Herbed Cream
To some, this will be "one of Zurie's crazy recipes". but really, this was totally gorgeous, if you are a snail/escargot fan!! It has to be eaten with some kind of delicious bread roll or French bread. I apologise for giving amounts for 2 persons only, but the recipe is easily doubled (2 cans of escargots!). Do start this meal with a pretty salad containing cheese such as camembert. It's my own recipe. Note that the ingredients are ordinary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 tablespoons creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 5 -6 mushrooms, white, fat, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 7 ounces escargot (canned, undrained, 200g)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chervil, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped (or to taste, but use a lot)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- good pinch flaked sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1Put the crème fraiche, finely chopped mushrooms and finely chopped small onion in a pot. Heat on high until it starts bubbling. Stir well, fairly often, and then turn heat down a little.
- 2Cook that about 10 minutes, when the onion should be soft, the mushrooms cooked, and the cream sauce reduced.
- 3In the meantime, open the can of escargots and rinse them in a sieve, and shake them to dry a little. You've also chopped the herbs.
- 4Now add the escargots, herbs, garlic, butter, salt and pepper to the pot.
- 5Stir through, and simmer for about 2 minutes until the escargots/snails are heated through.
- 6I like to serve this in individual ramekins, with a nice bread roll or French bread, or freshly made bread. And it can stand waiting in a warming oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Escargots in Herbed Cream
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 127.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.8 g