1/8 Photos of Escargots Gratinés
A special recipe for Escargots Bouguigon fans. These are the best escargots.(snails) I found this recipe in a Québec site and it changes the rubbery texture you get with canned escargots. Chose the smaller escagots(36-40)..much better. This is an appetizer for for 4 or a main course for 2.Add a chopped shallot and parsley to the buttter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse the escargots.
- 2Put escargots, bay leaf and consommé in sauce pan.
- 3Simmer for 40 minutes without covering.
- 4Drain the escargots.
- 5Meanwhile melt butter and add the crushed garlic; set aside.
- 6Spoon escargots in garlic butter and let rest 2 hours on counter.
- 7Place escargots in each hole of escargot dish.
- 8Spoon on garlic butter.
- 9Cover with grated cheese.
- 10Set under broiler for 5 minutes.
- 11Serve with toasts.
Nutritional Facts for Escargots Gratinés
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.5
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 861.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g